01 Apr You will be able toanalyze social institutions, social structures, and societal issues and how it relates
You will be able to analyze social institutions, social structures, and societal issues and how it relates to a nation's culture and economy.
- General Education Competency:
You will be able to demonstrate socialization skills that support cultural awareness and a global perspective.
The Discussion Assignment – Educational AnalysisThe goal of this assignment is to examine policies and practices of the education system in two geographically separate cities using one of the three major sociological perspectives. Discussion Prompt: (You will find resources and a sample post below to help you with the assignment. You will be choosing one city from the U.S. and find its sister city (from another country) and researching the following information in comparing education and culture differences and similarities.Prompt:
- Select a major city in the U.S. and examine its sister city from the list of sister cities provided.
- Share some geographic information on A) the U.S. city that you selected and B) its sister city (some of them have more than one city but, you are only required to investigate one sister city).
- Where is the city located?
- What is the population size and demographics?
- What language(s) is/are spoken?
- What is the structure of the education system?
3. Compare and contrast the educational practices and policies of the two cities. Analyze your findings on the education system using one of the major sociological perspectives (refer to textbook explaining the functionalist, conflict or symbolic interactionist theory on education- chapter 12).Write at least three paragraphs- please refer to the city example below. Please make sure one paragraph summarizes each city and the last paragraph compares and contrasts the cities and the education system in each. Please include in the last paragraph one of the sociological perspectives discussed in class (conflict theory, functionalist theory or symbolic interactionist theory) and how it relates to the education system in the two cities you chose.
A list of sister cities in the U.S. and their corresponding city in another country- Link:
A list of sister cities in the U.S. and their corresponding city in another country- Optional Links: (click on the names below)- (opensinnewwindow)
What is a sister city? Optional- Link: (opensinnewwindow)
What is a sister city? Optional Videos: (opensinnewwindow)
Link Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQw2ENVV-gA
(An example of what your primary post should look like- sample)- you do not need to submit in a MSWord format- please post it directly in the discussion board-opensinnewwindow).
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.