03 Apr Write a 2-3-page essay on a selected issue related to the tension between individual freedom an
Write a 2-3-page essay on a selected issue related to the tension between individual freedom and social institutions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Explain the nature of ethical issues.
- Explain the ethical basis for the relation of individuals to their government.
- Competency 2: Critically examine the contributions of key thinkers from the history of ethics.
- Describe the social contract theories of Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau.
- Competency 3: Engage in ethical debate.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of these theories as they relate to a selected issue.
- Competency 4: Develop a position on a contemporary ethical issue.
- Apply traditional social contract theories to a selected contemporary issue.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in the context of personal and professional moral discourse.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of professional communities.
Political philosophy concerns itself with the formation and maintenance of civil societies. Its central theme is the need to explain the relationship between individual human beings and their governments. You have been considering several specific examples of the tension between individual freedom and social institutions. From among those examples, you have chosen one as the focus for your own views on freedom and authority.
Your assessment is to write an essay assessing the issue you selected, both in terms of versions of social contract theory proposed by Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau and from your own view of the proper relation between society and the individual.
Address the following concepts in your essay:
- Explain the ethical basis for the relation of individuals to their government
- Describe the theories of Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau about how societies are organized.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the theories in justifying the imposition of authority over individuals.
- Apply these social contract theories to the issue you have selected.
Your instructor may provide video feedback on your work, as well as completing the official scoring guide for the assessment.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style guidelines.
- Number of resources: Use your judgment to ensure your topic is thoroughly researched. There is no minimum number of resources required, however.
- Length of paper: Submit 2-3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Arial, 12-point font.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.