01 Apr There are multiple laws protecting the Internet (companies and users alike) from potential legal issues.
There are multiple laws protecting the Internet (companies and users alike) from potential legal issues. Over the years, some of these rules are being brought up again because of the changes in Internet usage.
One of these laws is called Section 230, and says "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider" (47 U.S.C. § 230 (Links to an external site.) It's become a recent controversial topic, with major figures such as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai, and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey testifying before the US Senate about it.
For this assignment, you'll read two articles: one in favor of Section 230, and one against Section 230.
Using the link below, read the following article in favor of Section 230:
- Question 1: Summarize the article; what does Section 230 do for major tech companies like YouTube and Facebook? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 2: What does Section 230 do for bloggers? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 3: Using the infographic in the article, list three of the issues of having Section 230 revoked.
Using the link below, read the following article against Section 230:
- Question 4: Summarize the article; how does Section 230 impact the average user? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 5: What is one of the proposals mentioned in the article to change Section 230? What would it mean for Section 230 if adopted? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 6: List three of the issues of keeping Section 230 as is.
After having read both articles, answer the following questions:
- Question 7: Which do you think is better for society, allowing more free speech for users, even though some of that speech will be false and harmful; or blocking potentially harmful speech, even though some of that speech is actually truthful and deserves to be heard? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 8: Should websites and social media platforms be responsible for blocking content after they receive a complaint? (3-5 sentences)
- Question 9: After having read both articles, are you in favor or against Section 230? Explain your position. (3-5 sentences)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.