05 Apr Prompt Over the last 5 weeks, we have examined a variety of key regional issues: the characteris
Over the last 5 weeks, we have examined a variety of key regional issues: the characteristics of the region’s political economy, regional integration processes, the role played by institutions in the region, the emergence of nationalist forces, the persistence of traditional security concerns (especially maritime disputes) and the growing threats posed by non-traditional challenges.
For the purpose of this assignment, please choose 1 of the following scenarios:
- Imagine that you are the leader of a fictitious country in East Asia. A neighboring country is advancing claims over a territory under your administration. What are the steps that you can take to address and defuse this situation? Is there anything you can learn from similar territorial disputes happening in the region?
- Imagine that you are the leader of a fictitious country in East Asia and that you are exploring various ways to achieve economic growth and development. What models of development adopted by your neighbors should you look to? What are the pros and cons of these models when applied to your country?
- Imagine that you are the leader of a fictitious country in East Asia and that you are interested in launching a new cooperative initiative to address the challenges posed by climate change. What ideas, principles or characteristics of the existing regional institutional architecture do you find most suited for your initiative? What, instead, would undermine the likelihood of successful cooperation? What regional actors would you want as members of your initiative? Please, justify your answer to each question.
The table below gives you an idea of the political, social and economic characteristics of the fictitious country. You may want to take a look at it as a reference when addressing 1 of the above scenarios.
Fictitious country Information:
Fictitious country Information
Type of Government:
Head of State:
Parliamentary republic – Bicameral
June 1963 – April 2009Colonial History:Annexed by Britain in 1885Independence:May 7, 1947Geographical features:
- Total: 270,000 sq mi
- Land (%): 96.94
- Water (%): 3.06
- Climate: Tropical monsoon to subtropical temperate climate in highlands
- Population: 53,583,855
- Ethnic group: Mixed ethnicities
- Religion : Buddhism 70%, Christianity 10%, Islam 15%, Others 5%
- Density: 196.8/sq mi
Economy and Development:
- GDP (PPP):
- Total: $355 billion
- Per capita: $6,707
- GDP (nominal)
The essay must contain a minimum of 500 words, must be coherent and well written, and must show a thoughtful consideration of the question/prompt. A minimum of 1 citation from a relevant and reliable source (either from the assigned course material or a reliable outside source) must be included. Make sure the citation style used is consistent. Essays that are not properly cited will be issued a zero.
Any student who does not submit a reflection essay by the deadline will receive a zero for that week.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.