03 May Positive and Negative Reinforcement Behavior analysts work to change an individual’s socially significan
THREE PAGES FOR CONTENT THEN TITLE AND REF PAGE
Positive and Negative Reinforcement
Behavior analysts work to change an individual's socially significant behaviors in meaningful ways. As the conceptually systematic dimension states, basic principles of behavior are used to change behaviors. The first basic principle we explore is reinforcement. Reinforcement is used to increase appropriate behaviors in an individual’s repertoire. Behavior analysts not only work to decrease problematic behaviors, but they also work to increase appropriate behaviors. Understanding how reinforcement works is important for adding new behaviors to an individual’s repertoire.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Define both positive and negative reinforcement. Be sure to explain how they are similar and how they are different in your definitions.
- Provide two real-world, detailed examples of how positive reinforcement could be used to increase behaviors you would like to see occur more often. Also, provide two examples of how negative reinforcement could be used to increase behaviors you would like to see occur more often. For example, an individual may use positive reinforcement to increase the behavior of working out. She could “pay" herself 10 dollars after five consecutive days of working out. Another individual may use negative reinforcement to increase the behavior of cooking healthy meals. If her dinner meals include at least two different vegetables, she can skip doing the dishes immediately after eating.
- Be sure to explain why the examples you chose will work to increase behavior in the future.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 1–2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 2–4 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssign before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.
Refer to the Positive and Negative Reinforcement Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.