22 Feb Joan is a 78-year-old female who is scheduled with you today because s
Joan is a 78-year-old female who is scheduled with you today because she needs refills for her blood pressure medication. When you look at her record, you notice that she has not been in for 14 months. You notice that there are a number of missed appointments on record, but that she has been calling in for refills for her meds. During the last call, the office nurse told her she would need to come in for a visit to obtain the refills. Her record indicates that her medications at her last visit included Lisinopril/hctz 10/12.5 and simvastatin 20mg daily.
She reports that she takes her blood pressure medication “most of the time” but doesn’t take the simvastatin regularly because her neighbor developed liver problems from it. She remembers in the past that she was told she has a “touch of sugar." She feels good but she wants to get checked out and wants to “get her act together” and start taking care of herself because her brother, who is 48, just found out that he has “clogged arteries.” She would like some help with quitting smoking as well. She also tells you that she had a “little heart attack” when she was 72.
Her vital signs are: BP: 168/94, pulse: 84 and regular, resp: 18
Height: 5’9” Weight: 221lbs
- What additional subjective information do you need to obtain? Be specific to her medical history and reason for presentation today.
- What objective information do you need to obtain? Be specific to her medical history and reason for presentation today.
- What labs/diagnostic tests are indicated and why? Include references for your rationales.You conduct the visit. The review of systems and physical exam, with the exception of her blood pressure and weight, are normal. The diagnostic tests and laboratory test you ordered were normal with the exception of the following:
- EKG – Afib with a rate of 82
- Fasting Lipids: Total cholesterol: 242, LDL: 176, HDL: 36, triglycerides: 250
- Fasting glucose: 162
- HgbA1c – 7.4
- What is your complete diagnosis list for this patient?
- How will you manage her blood pressure pharmacologically? Provide a rationale for your choice and include references.
- How will you manage her cholesterol pharmacologically? Provide a rationale for your choice and include references.
- What is Joan’s CHADS-Vasc score? What is her yearly risk for stroke? What treatment will you recommend based on her score and why? Remember to include references for your rationales.
- Estimate Joan’s 10-year ASCVD.
- During the follow up visit, you discuss her lab results and their implications. What will you tell her?
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
- S Question 1
- O Question 2, 3
- A Question 4
- P Question 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.