06 Apr In this week?s Workshop, you will create the first draft of your interview guide and exc
In this week’s Workshop, you will create the first draft of your interview guide and exchange feedback with your classmates and Instructor on how to improve.
- Read qualitative research articles that include an interview guide, so you can become familiar with how to write questions. Use Google Scholar to look for other suggestions about writing qualitative interview questions.
- What is the difference between a good and a bad question? Look at the examples in the Learning Resources. Avoid the use of jargon or any of the concept words you have found in journal articles. Use a simple, conversational style of language.
- Patton (2016) provides helpful examples of different types of questions to ask in order to elicit rich, thick descriptions (e.g., experience and behavior questions, sensory questions). Patton also points out how interviews vary depending on the type of approach (e.g., phenomenological, narrative).
To prepare for this Workshop:
- Review the Learning Resources for this week.
- Using the document, “Interview Guide Worksheet,” which can be found in this week’s Learning Resources, begin pulling in concepts from the literature and your framework to identify the topics for developing questions.
Develop your interview questions and save them in a Word document.
Post in your unique thread a brief explanation of how you developed your questions. Start with the research question and then describe the concepts that you wanted to explore. Attach your interview guide to your Workshop post. Be sure to cite the sources of your ideas for the questions.
Patton, M. Q. (2015). Qualitative research & evaluation methods: Integrating theory and practice (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Chapter 7, “Qualitative Interviewing” (pp. 421–518)
Rubin, H. J., & Rubin, I. S. (2012). Qualitative interviewing: The art of hearing data (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Chapter 1, “Listening, Hearing, and Sharing” (pp. 1–12)
Chapter 2, “Research Philosophy and Qualitative Interviews” (pp. 13–24)
Chapter 3, “Qualitative Data-Gathering Methods and Style” (pp. 25–40)
Chapter 4, “Designing Research for the Responsive Interviewing Model” (pp. 41–58)
Jacob, S. A., & Furgeson, S. P. (2012). Writing interview protocols and conducting interviews: Tips for students new to the field of qualitative research. The Qualitative Report, 17(42), 1–10. Retrieved from http://nsuworks.nova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1718&context=tqr
Seidman, I. (2012). Interviewing as qualitative research: A guide for researchers in education and the social sciences (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Teachers College.
Why Interview? Interviewing as Qualitative Research: A Guide for Researchers in Education and the Social Sciences, 3rd Edition by Seidman, I. Copyright 2006 by Teachers College Press. Reprinted by permission of Teachers College Press via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Chapter 1, “Why Interview” (pp. 7–14)
( African American males being victims of police brutality at disproportionate rates ) topic
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.