22 Feb For this graded project, you?ll read pages 11?36 of Edges of Radicalization by Scott Helfs
For this graded project, you’ll read pages 11–36 of Edges of Radicalization by Scott Helfstein.
Helfstein(https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/resrep05592.pdf?refreqid=excelsior%3A9bb020cdd37f893cb5f503a4c0d3706a) argues that the radicalization of terrorists results from ideological beliefs interacting with social behaviors, producing common characteristics that may be supportive of conceptual profiles. There’s much debate in the academic and law enforcement communities as to whether these profiles have a continuing practical value in light of current terrorist activity by “lone wolves.” Helfstein’s analysis will serve as your backdrop in understanding recent terrorist activity and law enforcement’s efforts to address and prevent such activity in the future.
You’ll also choose one other article on terrorism and an article on community policing from the provided library of articles and research material. Each of these articles contains current scholarly thinking about the community’s role in combatting terrorism, the role of law enforcement in fostering community vigilance to report potential terrorist activity and lone wolf terrorism.
You should also use your research skills to locate one additional scholarly article on terrorism or community policing which supports at least one of the tenets in your paper. Make sure you properly cite your source.
This graded project requires that you cite the Edges of Radicalization and at least two other sources from the curated library of reading material.
In addition to the Edges of Radicalization, read and cite at least two of the following articles, one for lone wolf terrorism and one for community policing response to terrorism.
- Yonah Alexander, et al. The Lone Wolf Terrorist: Past Lessons, Future Outlook, and Response Strategies. Note: You should use the article by Professor Dean Alexander on pages 32–37 for your research only if you use this as an additional source.
- International Association of Chiefs of Police. Using Community Policing to Counter Violent Extremism. Note: If you use this source, rely on the Key Principles on pages 9–21 for your research.
- Bart Schuurman, et al. End of the Lone Wolf: The Typology that Should Not Have Been.
- Ahmet Guler. Fighting Terrorism Through Community Policing.
You’ve just been asked by your police chief to serve as the department’s community relations officer specializing in terrorism. You’ve built a tremendous relationship with a diverse community, and many of the community leaders have asked that you be appointed to this position. Your assignment will include recommending to the chief ways to effectively establish, maintain, and improve the relationship with the community to prevent and respond to terrorist activities.
You’ll be presenting your ideas to the chief and her executive staff before you release your report to the committee leaders. Be aware that several of the department’s deputy police chiefs have had major clashes with the community leaders on policing strategies that would involve joint efforts of the community and police and may look to derail your ideas.
Write a 5- to 6-page essay that includes the following:
- A brief history of the philosophy of community policing
- The common problems faced by the ethnic and racial groups of the community.
- Overt steps that can be taken by the department to establish relationships with the community to identify possible terrorist targets and actors.
- Strategies for building realistic and functional partnerships with the community as they relate to terrorism.
- Efforts that should be instituted to install sensitivity training for all police officers.
- Methods for directly bringing the public and the police together to report suspicious activity prior to actual terrorist acts.
- A clear and direct line of communication between citizens and senior staff in the department
- Terrorism prevention strategies to be implemented in partnership with the community, with specific reference to lone wolf terrorists.
Support your narrative with examples and/or illustrations. Be sure to cite your sources in APA format.
Remember, you must include Edges of Radicalization and at least two other sources from the article library. You’re free to conduct additional research and cite additional sources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.