22 Feb Connecting the Dots: What Is an Effective Program? [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Connecting the Dots: What Is an Effective Program? [WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
In Chapter 10, the text addresses primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention programs. We are going to review the different level programs and explore their effectiveness. Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 10 in your text. (provided in attachments) In addition,
(ALL ARTICLES PROVIDED IN ATTACHMENTS)(MUST USE AS REFERENCES)
- Read Diverting Young Offenders From Prison Is ‘Smart Justice.’
- Read Dealing With Juvenile Offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
- Read Nothing About Us Without Us! The Failure of the Modern Juvenile Justice System and a Call for Community-Based Justice (Links to an external site.).
- Read Treatment Services in The Juvenile Justice System: Examining the Use and Funding of Services by Youth on Probation.
- Watch It’s More Expensive to Do Nothing: Prison, Recidivism, and Remediation. https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=100753&xtid=53196
In this discussion, we will examine the different levels of programs and provide an example for each level. When introducing a program to the discussion, provide a brief description of the program, its intended purpose, and the target juvenile population. Discuss your perceptions of these programs’ effectiveness. How did you come to your conclusion on effectiveness?
When responding to one of your classmates, use one of the text’s questions below concerning prevention programs to focus your response and further the conversation. Select one bullet below and present the positives and the negatives for the issue addressed:
- Does every juvenile who has been arrested need treatment? Should all juveniles arrested receive the same treatment services? Why or why not?
- Should prevention programs be given to everyone, and if so, where? Should we consider ethnicity, race, education, socioeconomic standing?
- Are the services worth the taxpayer costs? Consider both financial and social costs.
- Should we mandate prevention for school-aged children, their parents, or for both? What if the parents refuse to participate?
- What role does the state have in addressing pre-criminal status offenses or delinquent behavior? Should the state have the authority to force parents to participate? What sanctions should the state have to enforce compliance?
Note: this discussion format will differ from formats in prior courses. You must post in the discussion on at least three separate days by Day 7; your total word count for your posts should be a minimum of 600 words. There is no required word count for individual posts as long as your combined posts total at least 600 words. However, you must use at least one in-text citation to support your claims and properly cite any references
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.