03 Apr BB 9 Read chapter 10: Social Perspection and Cognition Watch edutaining TED Talk by Rick Benja
- Read chapter 10: Social Perspection and Cognition
- Watch edutaining TED Talk by Rick Benjamin (author of Whitopia), "My Road Trip Through the Whitest Towns in America" at https://www.ted.com/talks/rich_benjamin_my_road_trip_through_the_whitest_towns_in_america?referrer=playlist-bridging_cultural_differences
TED Description: As America becomes more and more multicultural, Rich Benjamin noticed a phenomenon: Some communities were actually getting less diverse. So he got out a map, found the whitest towns in the USA — and moved in. In this funny, honest, human talk, he shares what he learned as a black man in Whitopia.
~500-word blog: Write your reaction to chapter 10 on the social attribution theory and connect it to the experiences of Rich Benjamin. Structure your blog into strong paragraphs: intro (context of exploration), connection (background information), focus (concepts from the textbook in relation to TED talk), dilemma (define the problem and provide examples), solution (describe solutions), conclusion (evaluate and synthesize your ideas based on various perspectives), and finally future direction (pose one critical question). Your writing should be understandable by someone who has not read the chapter or heard Rich's funny adventure through Whitopia.
BB 10: Social Interaction Across Cultures
- Read: Textbook Chapter 11
- Watch: The Psychology of Culture | Fernando Lanzer | TEDxAUBG. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgdRzyCO5Zo
TED Description: Fernando LanzerBrazilian, having lived in the United States and currently based in the Netherlands; Fernando Lanzer has a reputation for “telling it like it is” using humor. He has two published books: “ Take Off Your Glasses", in English and “Crossing Cultures Without Getting Run Over”, in Portuguese. Fernando Lanzer makes use of his experience of 28 years as an executive ABN AMRO and 12 years as a consultant in over 40 countries to speak about leadership and managing across cultures. He is a former chair of the Supervisory Group of AIESEC International.
After completing the above assignments for BB12, write a short blog (500 words) by integrating the below questions into your piece. Start early to ensure that your peers have enough time to read and comment on your blog. Post at least two different peer-comments.
Based on your reading of chapter 11, cross-cultural psychologists ask important questions on how to tackle issues of cross-cultural miscommunication and how to bring positive change to such essential human activities.
1. Self-interest: Which of the topics presented in this chapter sparked your interest? Elaborate and tell us how your current academic knowledge base might help you in your future profession. Use specific concepts from the textbook and provide specific examples. Then link your intro paragraph to the TED Talk (next question)
2. Focus: What is the central idea of the TED Talk? What were some highlights of his talk? How is his talk connected to your intro idea? Define a dilemma in his talk to link it to my next question.
3. Dilemma: Did you ever experience any kind of culture shock as described in the TED Talk? Or did you ever experience intergenerational miscommunication between yourself and let's say family members (e.g., parents, grandparents, etc.) or friends who grew up in different times and geographies?
4. Solution: What might help to avoid any kind of miscommunication when working with colleagues from various cultural backgrounds? What solutions is the research descried in the chapter offering?
5. Conclusion: What are your concluding thoughts based on what you have learned this week about social interaction across cultures and in general about the course so far? Be specific.
Finally, ask one critical question and answer at least two different peer-questions after posting your initial-post.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.