22 Feb 2-3 page paper APA style Consider the following scenario, in which you presume the role
2-3 page paper APA style
- Consider the following scenario, in which you presume the role of a clinician: You have recently met with Johnny and his family. Johnny is 7 years old and in the first grade. He has trouble sitting still, often loses things, will climb under and over the classroom desks, and will leap out of line in the hallways. He has an affinity for math, but he makes careless mistakes on previously mastered concepts. Other children in the classroom have complained about Johnny being too bossy or loud and tend to avoid sitting next to him or inviting him to play.
- Your evaluation has determined that Johnny meets the criteria for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Johnny’s parents are coming to your office tomorrow to discuss the results of your evaluation.
- Prepare a written report of what you will tell Johnny’s parents about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Be sure to cover the symptoms that Johnny meets from the DSM-5 Checklist.
- Discuss symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in light of normal development in the following domains: language, cognition, emotion, and social. In other words, what is noticeably different in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder versus what you might see in their same-age peers? Speak briefly to the controversy regarding these differences.
- Summarize the research evidence on the effectiveness of different approaches to treatment, based on your textbook reading and at least one peer-reviewed journal article. Include your final treatment recommendation to Johnny’s parents.
- Consider how you might answer if the parents ask, “How did our child end up with this disorder? What did we do wrong? Is there any hope for him?”
- To close your paper, based on what you have reviewed in your textbook as a whole regarding disorders in childhood, make a comment about how you could be an advocate for social change for children struggling with these disorders.
References MUST come from:
- Comer, R. J., & Comer, J. S. (2019). Fundamentals of abnormal psychology (9th ed.). Worth.
Chapter 14, "Disorders Common Among Children and Adolescents
2. And 2 other references of your choice
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.