23 Feb 1) What is LPS (not just what does it st
1) What is LPS (not just what does it stand for)? Why is it used as a model for neuroinflammation?
2) Describe microglia: where are they found, what role do they play, why can't that role be carried out the same way it is in the rest of the body?
3) Mitofusin2 (Mfn2) is a mitochondrial protein. What is its apparent role? Can you think of a reason why overexpression could be protective against a stress? Is it reasonable that overexpression of this gene could also cause problems (if so, how)?
4) How did the authors arrange that Mfn2 was only upregulated in the brain and spinal cord of TMFN mice, and not in other tissues of the mice? How do they demonstrate this?
5) Briefly describe the roles of these molecules in immunity/inflammation:
They all belong to a class of molecules; what is that class called?
6) What evidence do the authors provide that microglia are not "activated" in response to LPS challenge in TMFN mice? What is the difference (in this paper, in terms of what they represent) between the roles of Iba1 and GFAP?
7) Do mitochondria of TMFN mice respond differently to LPS insult than those of nontransgenic mice? How do the authors demonstrate this? Name a way this method could be subject to bias on the part of the experimenter, and how one might avoid such bias.
8) What does CX3CL1 do, normally? How is its expression affected (in terms of RNA and protein quantity) by inflammation in normal mice and in TMFN mice?
9) How do the authors investigate the role of CX3CL1 in microglial inflammation and neuron damage? What method(s) do they use to achieve this?
10) Given that the transgene used is only upregulated in the brain and spinal cord of TMFN mice, what might account for the TMFN mice having less severe cardiac dysfunction in response to LPS challenge?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from Aqhomework.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
Aqhomework provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Click Order now to access our order form, fill your paper details correctly, select your paper deadline and wait for our writers to send a perfectly written assignment.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.